Prices plus VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: RES-201-ON-SITE
- Open text field 1: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open text field 2: +49 (0)89 / 693 991 50
Advanced professional Resolve Training
Training time: 2 days
The 201 Training is optimal if you:
- Have more than 6 months experience with Resolve and have already implemented your own projects
- Have worked as a colorist with other systems such as Baselight, Nucolda, Apple Color, etc.
- Have completed the 101 training and now want to fully start at a professional level
If you are familiar with the user interface and have already done your first grading on your own, you are fit enough for the advanced training. Here, too, you will put the mediated know-how into action in small groups. With the completion of the 2-day training, you are ready to start at the professional level!
What awaits you in our group training
We provide you with video material to help you learn how to use Resolve professionally. You work on your own notebook and deepen the acquired knowledge directly through "learning by doing".
After completing the training, you will receive a certificate from the ICA (International Colorist Academy).
- Start with a complete look at the latest version of Resolve. What are the new advanced tools. Why and when should you use them?
- Grading RAW files inc BRAW, RED IPP2, Drone in D-LOG. Where do we start the grade and how do we approach the session?
- What do clients expect from you?
- Complete refresh of Primary controls using an edited sequence. Lift Gamma Gain, Offset, Curves, RGB Mixer, LUM Mix, and LOG grading. When to use each tool.
- The Nodes explained, including the shared Node.
- Making a LUT, exporting LUTs, and PowerGrade Looks.
- Grading in ACES versus DaVinci Color Managed versus Normal YRGB.
- This class uses media that you can take away and practice with.
- Conforming issues and how to fix them.
- Compare timelines.
- Workflows with multiple timelines using the Scene Cut detector.
- Re-grading six months later. Use Color Trace to recover your grades.
- Adding VFX shots and managing bigger projects.
- Doing small VFX in Resolve: What is expected?
- Fusion for the Colorist: What do you need to know?
- External mattes: How do they help us?
- Using Blur to soften a key or external matte.
- Adding an .SRT subtitle file.
- Advanced problems: We don’t always get the best footage to work with.
- NR: We look at the different types.
- DCP, IMF, and Netflix deliverables: What can we do in Resolve?
- Resolve OFX for the Colorist.
- Color Compressor
- Shift Tilt
- Soften and Sharpen
- Color Space Transform
- Patch Replacer
- Shrink and Grow
- Apperture Diffraction
- Lens Flares
In which language do the courses take place?
The group training will be held in English.
Time: 9:30am to 5:00pm
Max. attendance: So that there is also room for individual questions, we have limited the number of participants to 8 people.
Please note: You work on your own notebook.
Offer needed for employers?
If you do not have the opportunity to book online and need an offer for your employer, please send us an e-mail with the desired date to email@example.com.
We will send you a non-binding offer.
Specialist in color correction and film restoration.
The passion for film lies with him in the family. His father, Tom Jones, spent 25 years as director of advertising at Walt Disney and his brother Christopher is director of documentary films.
Blake worked for many years as a colorist in Hollywood, where he gave the final touches to Leathal Weapon, Poltergeist, Tango & Cash and numerous blockbusters. In 1998 he was Panel Judge at Primetime Emmy Arwards.
More detailed information can be found on his LinkedIn profile
Today, he regularly gives ICA-certified colourist training, helps our customers install systems, and provides them with their expertise.
His extensive know-how forms the basis for good and long-term relationships. He now likes to share the in-depth experience he has accumulated over 28 years with an ever-growing professional audience.
References as a trainer
On behalf of the International Colorist Academy (ICA), Blake Jones has given worldwide training for professional colorists. The growing customer base includes leading broadcasters such as:
- ORF (Austrian Television)
- SRF (Swiss Television)
- Belgium Cinematek
- Al Jazeera
- Swiss Army
- Luxembourg Cinematheque
- Rushes - London
- International Film School - Köln
ICA Training worldwide
Usually, the training takes place in our classrooms. If you want a personal training on site, we look forward to your call, or your e-mail.
firstname.lastname@example.org / +49 (0)89 693 99 150
Blake has already trained colourists in these cities:
References as a Colorist
Blake worked for:
- Warner Bros.
- Universal Studios
- 20th Century Fox
Here you see a list of movies he did the color grading for:
- James Bond 007 (Never Say Never Again / Thunderball mit Sean Connery, The Spy Who Loved Me mit Roger Moore, On her majesty secret service mit George Lazenby)
- Batman (Produziert von Tim Burton mit Micheal Keaton)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (Part 1 & 2)
- Prizzi´s Honor (mit Jack Nicholson)
- Born on the Fourth of July (mit Tom Cruise)
- Fletch Lives (mit Chevy Chase)
- Police Academy 6
- Lethal Weapon 2 (mit Mel Gibson und Danny Glover)
- Tango and Cash (mit Kurt Russell und Silvester Stallone)
- Hard to Kill (Steven Seagal)
- North By Northwest (Der unsichtbare Dritte)(Hitchcock)
- Driving Miss Daisy (Morgan Freeman)
- Roger & Me (1st Micheal Moore Movie)
- Poltergeist (von Steven Spielberg)
- 2001:A Space Odyssey (von Stanley Kubrick)
- Revenge of the Pink Panther
- Field of Dreams (Kevin Costner)
- Back to the Future II (mit Micheal J. Fox und Christopher Lloyd)
- Pink Floyd: The Wall (mit Bob Geldorf)
- Rocky Horror Picture Show (mit Tim Curry und Susan Surandon)
The registration for a training is binding. The contract for the binding participation in the training comes with the receipt of the registration confirmation by e-mail. All offers concerning dates and execution of workshops, trainings and seminars are non-binding and errors or omissions which can not be excluded are reserved in the offers.
Payment of full fees (if any) must be credited to the bank account no later than 7 days before the start of the event:
The legally binding registration remains unaffected by the timely receipt of the participation fee or a down payment. If the participation fee is not received before the start of the training or if the participant does not appear at the appointment, the participation fee or open items must be paid in full.
The withdrawal from the workshop can be declared in writing (by e-mail, fax or letter) at least 14 days before the date of the event free of charge. In case of cancellation less than 14 days before the start of the event, half of the participation fee will be charged. The registration of a substitute participant is possible until the beginning of the event.
If the event is canceled due to insufficient number of participants (at the latest 7 days before the start) or due to force majeure, either a replacement date will be offered or the participation fee will be refunded in full. Program changes are expressly reserved and retain the overall character of the event. Change of attendees, insignificant changes in the course of events or a reasonable transfer of the venue do not entitle to a price reduction or withdrawal from the contract.
München, April 2019
Lüneburg, März 2019
München, Januar 2019
München, Einzeltraining, Dezember 2018
Mils (Österreich), Oktober 2018
München, Mai 2018
München, Dezember 2017
München, April 2016