Prices plus VAT plus shipping costs
Free of shipping costs!
Available as instant download
- Order number: RES-BASICS-VIDEO-LESSON
From theory to practice
In this video you will learn about the most important basic functions by means of practical application examples. You will be provided with the content we work with for download. By the possibility to work parallel to the video, you can directly deepen what you have learned. This will make it much easier for you to adapt the newly acquired knowledge to your own projects.
(Please note that the footage is licensed by Blackmagic Design and may only be used for practice purposes).
- Free high quality footage for download
- Benefit from Blake Jones' many years of experience as a colorist and trainer
- Save yourself the time consuming search for individual tutorials on the web
- Increase your efficiency through a deeper understanding of the workflow
- Use the learning by doing effect through active cooperation
- Repeat individual chapters as often as you like
- Duration in total: 3 hours (divided in capters)
Structure of the exercise program
1. Installing Resolve
2. Setting up Your System
- Control Panels
3. Your First Project
- a.Getting Started
- b.Organizing Your Media
4. Importing Media with the Media Page
- a.An Overview of the Media Page
5. Working with the Cut Page and the Edit Page
- Working with the Cut page as opposed to the Edit Page
- The Blackmagic Edit Keyboard
- Creating an Edit
- Importing a conform from an XML
6. An Introduction to Fusion
- An overview of what we can do with Fusion
7. Getting to Know the Color Page
- Basics of Color Grading – Primary and Secondary Color Correction
- Using LUTs and Powergrades
- Groups and Versions
- Power Windows
8. The Fairlight Audio page
- An overview of the Fairlight Audio page
9. Exporting Your Media with the Deliver Page
- Exporting Media for Social Media
- Creating an Unencrypted DCP
- What is the IMF format
Easy video access in a few steps:
- Add article to shopping cart
- Create customer account
- Complete the order.
- You will find access via your -> customer account under -> Instant downloads. You can then watch the video online using the link provided.
Specialist in color correction and film restoration.
The passion for film lies with him in the family. His father, Tom Jones, spent 25 years as director of advertising at Walt Disney and his brother Christopher is director of documentary films.
Blake worked for many years as a colorist in Hollywood, where he gave the final touches to Leathal Weapon, Poltergeist, Tango & Cash and numerous blockbusters. In 1998 he was Panel Judge at Primetime Emmy Arwards.
More detailed information can be found on his LinkedIn profile
Today, he regularly gives ICA-certified colourist training, helps our customers install systems, and provides them with their expertise.
His extensive know-how forms the basis for good and long-term relationships. He now likes to share the in-depth experience he has accumulated over 28 years with an ever-growing professional audience.
References as a trainer
On behalf of the International Colorist Academy (ICA), Blake Jones has given worldwide training for professional colorists. The growing customer base includes leading broadcasters such as:
- ORF (Austrian Television)
- SRF (Swiss Television)
- Belgium Cinematek
- Al Jazeera
- Swiss Army
- Luxembourg Cinematheque
- Rushes - London
- International Film School - Köln
ICA Training worldwide
Usually, the training takes place in our classrooms. If you want a personal training on site, we look forward to your call, or your e-mail.
email@example.com / +49 (0)89 693 99 150
Blake has already trained colourists in these cities:
The registration for a training is binding. The contract for the binding participation in the training comes with the receipt of the registration confirmation by e-mail. All offers concerning dates and execution of workshops, trainings and seminars are non-binding and errors or omissions which can not be excluded are reserved in the offers.
Payment of full fees (if any) must be credited to the bank account no later than 7 days before the start of the event:
The legally binding registration remains unaffected by the timely receipt of the participation fee or a down payment. If the participation fee is not received before the start of the training or if the participant does not appear at the appointment, the participation fee or open items must be paid in full.
The withdrawal from the workshop can be declared in writing (by e-mail, fax or letter) at least 14 days before the date of the event free of charge. In case of cancellation less than 14 days before the start of the event, half of the participation fee will be charged. The registration of a substitute participant is possible until the beginning of the event.
If the event is canceled due to insufficient number of participants (at the latest 7 days before the start) or due to force majeure, either a replacement date will be offered or the participation fee will be refunded in full. Program changes are expressly reserved and retain the overall character of the event. Change of attendees, insignificant changes in the course of events or a reasonable transfer of the venue do not entitle to a price reduction or withdrawal from the contract.
München, April 2019
Lüneburg, März 2019
München, Januar 2019
München, Einzeltraining, Dezember 2018
Mils (Österreich), Oktober 2018
München, Mai 2018
München, Dezember 2017
München, April 2016